Geography GK Questions play a very important role in almost every competitive exam and if you have the grip on this subject then it increases your chances of cracking. With our comprehensive Geography GK Questions covering both Indian Geography GK Questions as well as World Geography GK Questions get an edge over all your competitions.
46. What is the study of universe known as ?
The study of universe is known as Cosmology
47. Which is our nearest galaxy ?
A) Virgo A
B) Canis Major Dwarf Galaxy
C) Andromeda Galaxy
D) Milky Way Galaxy
Andromeda Galaxy is our nearest Galaxy. It is about 2.537 million light years away from our Galaxy
48. Structurally, the galaxies are found in how many forms ?
Structurally, the galaxies are found in 3 forms[Spiral, Elliptical, Irregular]
49. What is the surface temperature of sun ?
A) 5000 Degree Celsius
B) 6000 Degree Celsius
C) 15000000 Degree Celsius
D) 9000 Degree Celsius
Sun has a surface temperature of about 6000 Degree Celsius whereas the temperature of it’s core is about 15000000 Degree Celsius
50. Which planet have the maximum number of satellites ?
The planet with the maximum number of satellites is Saturn. It has overtaken Jupiter as the planet with the most moons, according to US researchers. A team discovered a haul of 20 new moons orbiting the ringed planet, bringing its total to 82; Jupiter, by contrast, has 79 natural satellites.
51. Which is the only satellite or moon with an atmosphere like Earth ?
Titan which is one of the satellite or moon of Saturn is the only moon which as an atmosphere like Earth
52. Which of the following is an example of Metamorphic Rocks?
Marble is an example of metamorphic rock. These are the rocks, which change either in form or composition without disintegration
53. Which is the outermost part of the Earth’s atmosphere ?
The outermost part of the atmosphere of the Earth is called Exosphere. It extends up to a height of about 900 km
54. Which is the busiest ocean for trade and commerce ?
A) Pacific Ocean
B) Atlantic Ocean
C) Indian Ocean
D) Artic Ocean
Atlantic Ocean is the busiest ocean for trade and commerce since its sea routes connect the two most industrialised regions, namely Western Europe and North-Eastern USA
55. Which is the deepest point on Earth ?
A) Eurasian Basin
B) Java Trench
C) Mariana Trench
D) Puerto Rico Trench
Mariana trench(challenger deep) is the deepest trench in the world situated in the NW Pacific ocean near Philippines. It is more than 11 km deep.
56. Which one of the following is also called as the ‘Sorrow of Bihar’ ?
Kosi is called as ‘Sorrow of Bihar’ as this river causes flood in Bihar
57. Which river is also known as Tsangpo ?
Brahmaputra is also known as Tsangpo in Tibet. It is one of the largest river of the world
58. Jog / Gersoppa Waterfall is located in which indian state ?
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) West Bengal
Jog / Gersoppa waterfall is located in the state of Karnataka. Other waterfalls located in karnataka are Kunchikal and Sivasamudram
59. the Town of Haridwar is located on the bank of which river ?
The town of Haridwar is located on the bank of river Ganga
60. Tehri Dam Project is located in which indian state ?
A) West Bengal
D) Tamil Nadu
Tehri Dam Project is located in Uttarakhand. Tehri Dam is also the tallest dam in India.