Science plays an important role in one’s selection in any competitive exams. Our General Science Questions or Science GK Questions contains all the variety of questions which have the highest chances of coming in exams. Practice our General Science GK Questions and crack your dream exam.
16. How much time does the reflected light from the moon takes to reach earth ?
A) 1 second
B) 1.5 second
C) 3.28 second
D) 1.28 second
The light reflected from the moon takes 1.28 second to reach earth
17. The process in which the light returns into the same medium after striking a surface is called ?
D) None of these
The return of light into the same medium after striking a surface is called reflection
18. Twinkling of stars is based upon which phenomena ?
The Twinkling of stars is based upon the phenomena called Refraction.
19. Which type of mirror is used as looking glass ?
A) Concave mirror
B) Convex mirror
C) Plane mirror
D) Both B & C
Plane mirror is used as looking glass, Convex mirror is used as back view mirror in vehicles
20. How Refractive index is affected due to the rise in temperature ?
C) Remains same
The Refractive index decreases with the rise in temperature
21. The phenomena of mirage in deserts occurs due to ?
C) Total Internal Reflection
In deserts, the phenomena of mirage occurs due to total internal reflection
22. Which colour of light is scatterd the most ?
Violet colour of light is scattered most
23. Which colour of light is scattered the least ?
Red colour of light is scattered the least therefore danger signals are of red colour
24. Who gave the Theory of an Atom ?
B) J.J Thompson
Dalton gave the Theory of an Atom
25. Who gave the Theoy of Electrolysis ?
B) WC Rontgen
Michael Faraday gave the Theory of Electrolysis
26. Which instrument is used to measure the distance covered by wheeled vehicles ?
Odometer is the instrument that is used to measure the distance covered by wheeled vehicles
27. Who invented the Camera(Kodak) ?
A) Karl Benz
B) Joseph Aspdin
D) Walker Eastman
Walker Eastman of France invented the Camera(Kodak) in 1888
28. Which technique is used to separate the coloured pigments from plants ?
Chromatography is a modern technique that is used to separate the coloured pigments from plants
29. Hydrogen is the only atom which do not have ?
D) Both A & C
Hydrogen is the only atom in which neutrons are not present.
30. Lactic acid is found in ?
C) Unripe Apple
Milk is one of the source of Lactic acid