Good Knowledge of Computer GK Questions can give you an edge over others. Our wide variety of Computer GK Questions and Computer Quiz covers every aspect of Computer GK and hence gives you an edge over others. Do come and practice the Computer GK Questions and sharpen your Computer GK knowledge to crack any exam and get your dream government job or private job.
16. What is the full form of CPU ?
A) Central Programming Unit
B) Common Processing Unit
C) Central Paradigm Unit
D) Central Processing Unit
The full form of CPU is Central Processing Unit. CPU is also called the brain of the computer
17. What is the size of Floppy Diskette which is used normally? ?
A floppy disk is a thin magnetic-coated disk contained in a flexible or semi-rigid protective jacket. The floppy disks are usually 3.5″ in size. However, older floppy disks may be in use; these would be 5.25″ in size.
18. A compact disc (CD) is a data storage system of the type?
The Compact Disc, or CD for short, is an optical disc used to store digital data. The data is stored on the disc with a laser or stamping machine.
19. Where is the National Institute of Excellence in the field of Information Technology and Allied Sciences proposed to be set up?
The Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad (IIIT-A) was established in 1999, as a center of excellence in Information Technology and allied areas.
20. Which of the following circuit is used as ‘Memory device’ in computers ?
A flip-flop is a circuit that has two stable states and can be used to store state information. It is the basic storage element in sequential logic.
21. Which of the following is not a role assigned to Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Parks ?
B) Testing and Calibration
C) Technology development
D) Raising funds for entre-preneurs
The Science and Technology Entrepreneurs’ Park (STEP) was established at IIT Kharagpur in Dec. 1986 with financial support from DST New Delhi, DST West Bengal, IDBI, IFCI, ICICI
22. Which of the following is not reckoned as a ‘value added’ telecommunication service?
A) Electronic Mail
D) Radio-Paging Service
FAX is not considered to be a Value-added telecommunication services
23. The basic application of an ‘AND’ gate in computers is for?
The ‘AND’ gate in computers has basic application of multiplication. It has two or more inputs and one output
24. Who developed the concept of email?
A) Bill Gates
B) Arthur C. Clark
C) Ray Tomlinson
D) Sabir Bhatia
Ray Tomlinson is credited with developing the first viable e-mail program in 1971 for use on the ARPANET.
25. What is an organisation’s introductory web page called?
The introductory web page of an organisation is called website
26. The first computer language developed was
The first modern programming language was FORTRAN (1955), the “FORMULA TRANSLATOR”, invented by John Backus, then COBOL,(1959) the Common Business Oriented Language, was used. Then PASCAL and BASIC came into existence.
27. Who among the following developed World Wide Web (WWW), which gave a new type of information exhibition?
A) Bob Cohen
B) Tim Berners-Lee
C) Robert Morris Jr
D) Michel Derstuses
, Sir Tim Berners-Lee, wrote a proposal in March 1989 for what would eventually become the World Wide Web.
28. Which among the following is a distinctive feature by which a CD ROM drive is classified in a personal computer ?
A) Software bundle
B) Data transfer rate
C) Memory capacity
D) Storage period
A CD-ROM drive, a device that can read information from a CD-ROM. The most important of which is probably their speed or data transfer rate.
29. Processing of a data file to reduce its size for storage on disk is termed?
The process of reducing the size of a data file is popularly referred to as data compression, although its formal name is source coding.
30. ‘IC’ in computers stands for?
A) Integrated Circuits
B) Integrated Charge
C) Internal Circuits
D) Integrated Current
IC, or An integrated circuit is a small wafer, usually made of silicon, that can hold anywhere from hundreds to millions of transistors, resistors, and capacitors